Another week, another weigh-in and, dagnabbit, this whole losing slowly thing is FRUSTRATING. I’m down .6lbs, which would be fine were it not for the fact that I skipped a week. While I’m a proponent of slow and steady weight loss, in previous attempts taking off weight has just been easier. Since I started in January, the weight has come off in small increments — .4, .6, .8, 1, 1.4. My biggest week was 3.2. My total weight loss so far is 8.4, which I am celebrating… but I can’t help but remember how, the first time I joined WW (when I was 14), I lost 6lbs in a single week. As you get older, your metabolism slows down, etc. etc. and it really BLOWS.
Of course, I could be doing more. I’ve been following the program pretty exactly, but have gone a bit easy on myself in a few places (ie: exercising, snacks), just to ease the transition from OM NOM NOM to lean, mean and clean. It’s time to kick it into high gear, though, breeze past 10lbs and onwards to 15, 20 so I can get into summer down closer to where I was a year and a half ago. Let’s celebrate the good:
Things I’ve done awesomely
- knocked down soda intake to once a week (one drink at one meal)
- eating out only 1-2 a week (including one lunch @ food trucks)
- eating fruit every day (usually apples, banana or strawberries)
- only buy/consume a bottle of wine every other week
- have either gone hiking and/or running at least twice a month (up from zero lol)
- no eating after 8 p.m.
- resisted and/or exercised extreme restraint with “free” food in the breakroom
And confront the bad:
Things I can improve on
- rigorously measuring portions
- snacking (esp. Fresh & Easy baked snacks)
- running/exercising at least once a week, no exceptions
- actually using my gym membership
- making poor choices (mostly for lunch) – no greasy, fried food that will make me feel gross
Would love to hear from others who have struggled with slowwwwww, steady weight loss. Anything in particular you did to kick things into high gear?