Flash sale sites have been a hot trend for sometime now — Rue La La, Gilt, etc. — but I’ve never really gotten into them. Why? Because what fun is a site where all I can buy are shoes (and even then, usually not) and handbags? Most designer clothes simply don’t come in my size.
Enter Clique To Know, which launched TODAY! It’s a flash sale site that specializes in larger sizes! Their launch sale, which lasts for the next two days, features sizes ranging from 10 to 42 (with XL – 3X in between). Currently, it’s all dresses, tops and some skirts, but the site promises lingerie, accessories and beauty down the line.
- Great layout, with really nice photography. Easy to navigate.
- You need to KNOW YOUR MEASUREMENTS. Fashion sizing is weird, so even though you’re a 16 at Old Navy, you might be a 2X in a hoity-toity designer size.
- You can sort sales by size or category – nice touch
- Each item lists measurements of the specific item in that size — very helpful, since you can’t guess fit from the photos (the average model is an industry standard “plus-size” 10/12)
- It’s hit or miss on items, color and sizing — the dress you love may only come in 3X… or a 10. But that’s part of the fun, right?
- In the first sale, prices range from $76 (for a top) to $950 (for a cocktail dress). Average: $90-$120 for a dress.
- Brands include: Rachel Pally, Rani Zakhem, Kay Unger, T-Bags (for the launch sale)
- Upcoming sales will feature: Z from Zenobia & Kevan Hall and Melissa Masse
I’ll be honest — most of these names are unfamiliar to me. I’m not a fashionista, in part because I haven’t *allowed* myself to be (didn’t want to get attached to styles that I couldn’t find in my size/wear). Am hoping this will all change with Clique To Know!
Now, I DO know some fantastic fashionistas — what’s your verdict? Is the range of sizes good? Or is there still something to be desired?